Nigel Kays (Private) Limited t/a ZimProc, the owner of this website, places great emphasis on the need to respect the privacy of our customers and Web site visitors. We request all the users of our website to go through this policy to understand how their personal & business information will be treated as they make full use of our services to their benefit.
Privacy and confidentiality
Collection of Personal Information
ZimProc collects limited personal and company information about members, customers and visitors to our website. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when you register with us, request specific services or when you order and purchase our Value Added Services. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website and is stored for use in our system.
- In summary, the information we collect can be placed under the following broad categories:
System information:Foreachpage you accessontheZimProc site, information that identifies the following is recorded:
IP address of the computer system which has accessed it
Top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
Address of your server
Date and time of your visit to the site
Pages accessed and documents downloaded
Previous website visited
Type of browser and operating system you have used.
Personal and organizational information: When you become a registered user of our website or when you place an order with us for some of our services, you are asked to provide basic personal identification and contact details. The information is not used for any purpose other than tendering related matters or the support of registrants in the use of ZimProc website. Users are responsible for keeping their contact information current so that they do not miss out on any important leads form ZimProc.
Tender notification information: This is basically information uploaded to
create a new tender record on our system which is created and only the content for public information is shared publicly as a tender advertisement.
Advert information: Only the content that is intended for public viewing is shared appropriately as per agreement.
Use of Personal Information
The limited information collected about users through their use of this website is the property of ZimProc. ZimProc will not use or disclose information about your individual visits or information that you may give us such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any outside companies.
In summary, the information collected from members, customers and visitors will be used:
- to allow us to perform our contract with you;
- to allow us to exercise our legitimate interests as a data controller; and
- on the basis of your consent.
Included in the above summary, relating to the use of the information you submit to us through the site. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including invoicing, issuing passwords, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, as further detailed in the 'Marketing' section below;
- to notify you about changes to any of our services;
- to communicate with you to gain feedback on our products or services in order to improve them - if you do not want us to use your data in this way, then please notify us when contacted or unsubscribe using the appropriate facilities in the communication;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Public Space / Network of members
- Any information that customers disclose in the network of members, such as our public Facebook page, is available to anyone else who has access to that space. Naturally, ZimProc cannot safeguard any information you disclose there, so we advise members to practice an acceptable level of discretion when on these open platforms.
Security of Sensitive Stored Information
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our user information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Links to Third Party Sites
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. The cookie uses your device’s IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site and track site use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- To optimise this sites’ performance, we utilise cookie technology on your device. ZimProc uses a cookie to maintain contact through a session.
- The cookie uses your IP address to allow ZimProc.com to recognize you as an individual as you move from one page of the website to another.
- It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.